Friday, October 22, 2010

$2 Vintage

Frock You Vintage is having a "garage sale" at their boutique on Park Blvd in San Diego. I was on my way to the library and wouldn't have noticed the place if not for the neon "VINTAGE SALE" and "$2" signs posted above the two giant piles of clothes on the sidewalk. They had me at "sale" but add "vintage" and "$2" onto that and I'm in love. I walked away $9 broker with 3 items and a huge smile. Don't you just love thrift shopping?

Im calling this a "Cosby sweater." It was in the men's pile- with a hole in the armpit and  missing a button, but easily fixed. Its also tagless, but I'm guessing its wool.

This sweater was beyond the $2 pile trap but was still a steal at $5. Its 100% wool and ridiculously itchy. 

And this is my shining jewel of the day. It was screaming at me from the $2 pile and I was hugging it within seconds after arriving there. With the surprising shopper population of hipsters and fashionistas I was surprised nobody had snatched it up before me. It has a 70's style collar and a 60's style fold in the front of the skirt and a faded tag, which leads me to believe that its a late 60's dress. The brand is "Modern Junior's" and I should have considered that when buying it without trying it on. I'm going to have to try to take it out a few inches in the arms... and the waist and the chest. And I'm actually loving this abrasive orange color.

Time to head off to Buffalo Exchange with a heap of old clothes/shoes to make money for more $2 vintage!

2 comments:

  1. I like your top and the feather dress below. Nice. Come and visit me too soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful post!!!))
    I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete