Friday, October 1, 2010

Paris Changed My Life

This past June I met my mom in Paris, where we spent a week enjoying the city before going to Holland to meet my Dutch family for the first time. Meeting my grandfather's cousin and nieces was an other-worldly experience in its own, but my time spent in Paris left me a changed girl. I will now and forever dream of being a Parisienne woman and living the aesthetically-pleasing life they must live in Paris. The amazing city and people of Paris are so beautiful and... well, I almost have no words. Oh, but now I remember four: salade de chevre chaud.
Warm goat cheese salad

I pretty much stuffed my face in Paris. Crepes, croque monsieurs, croissants, duck, brie, gelato, orangina, wine... I will never forget the taste of Paris! I also walked and shopped till I dropped. The architecture, the layout of the city, the art, and the fashion... its all so breathtaking.
John Galliano boutique window

Even their graffiti is chic.

Notre Dame cathedral gave me chills, the Museum of Modern Art at Pompidou Center inspired me, and the Louvre made me feel like a part of history. When can I return?

Though I only spent a night in Amsterdam I experienced- and loved- a bit of their Red Light Fashion. My highlights:


All photos courtesy of me and my Olympus Stylus-7010

Until next time, Europe, I bid you adieu.

1 comment:

  1. That warm goat cheese salad was the best thing we ate all week. And I don't usually like goat cheese. Thank you for posting this as it really gives me your perspective on this fabulous experience that we had together. That Parisian graffiti - wow! Maybe you can find a semester abroad program to further inspire you...

    ReplyDelete